Another of LEGOLAND Windsor's staple rides, Pirate Falls Dynamite Drench rests at the very bottom of the park. The water channel weaves through the woodland as if it were always there, and the old and derelict appearance of the drop building is great. So long as the weather is not freezing cold or raining, this ride is a must.
For the 2010 season, Pirate Falls received a slight upgrade, adopting the extended name 'Pirate Falls Dynamite Drench'. Though hopes were high as to what this upgrade could bring, it resulted in little more than a couple of water cannons just after the drop, and new audo just before the drop. Still, at least nothing was downgraded!
What is it?
- A Zamperla log flume
- Opened March 1996, converted to Dynamite Drench for 2010 with the addition of interactive water cannons
- 4 guests per boat
- Q-Bot reservations available
What does it do?
On leaving the turntable, the boat floats down the water channel at a fair speed, passing a number of amusing scenes depicting a group of pirates and their antics. After passing through a pirate graveyard (the headstones of which contain phrases such as "What shall we do with our son Ken Sailor?"), the boat is hauled up to a derelict shed, before falling back to ground level.
- Must be a minimum of 1.0m tall to ride
- Guests under 1.3m tall must be accompanied by an adult
- Upper and lower body control is needed
- Not recommended for guests with: back or neck complaints; heart conditions; high blood pressure; broken limbs; pregnant guests.
A very decent log flume indeed. The theming is very good, and the setting of the ride is also very well thought out. Queuing for this ride can, in the summer months, take quite a while, (get Q-Bot!) but it is well worth the wait.
Click on an image for a large version, and then use your left and right arrow keys to scroll through the pictures!