It's well worth spending a short amount of time preparing for your visit to LEGOLAND Windsor. Some of the main points to think about are:
- Tickets - If you haven't got an annual pass, then you'll need tickets to enter the park. The most expensive thing you can do is buy tickets at their regular price on the gate! For a start, you will save around 10% by buying your tickets online directly from LEGOLAND. There are also many, many vouchers in circulation, such as 'buy one get one free', '£5 off each ticket', 'half price entrance' etc. The best value offer is probably that offered by Tesco, who offer 75% off standard prices when bought with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.
- Clothing - Dress appropriately! Be aware of the forecast weather, and bear in mind that you will be walking a lot!
- Food - Think about taking food for the day. Although often of a high quality, LEGOLAND's eateries can be a tad expensive, and you will save money by bringing your own food. There is a picnic area in Adventure Land named 'Picnic Grove'. There are also suitable areas in Miniland and Knights' Kingdom.
- Plan what you want to do - Why waste time in the park choosing what to ride? If you have a definite list of things you want to do, you're much more likely to do it all!
- Meeting Point - If you're going as a group, set a meeting point, making it easy to reunite if you become separated. Good places to chose include the dinosaurs in the Beginning, the LEGO Technic T-Rex in the Imagination Centre, and the lighthouse in LEGO City.