Well this is it, the most famous of LEGOLAND Windsor's rides. Driving School is an amazing attraction, clearly devised by a genius.
At the Driving School, children aged 6-13 are able, much to their delight, to take a seat behind the wheel of a miniature electrical car, and are free to drive around what is actually quite a large set of roads.
Sponsored in the past by Ford and Vauxhall, and currently by Fiat, Driving School really is the creme-de-la-creme of LEGOLAND Windsor!
What is it?
- Miniature electric cars which can be driven around a large set of roads.
- Opened March 1996
- 1 guest per car
- Q-Bot reservations available
What do you do?
After watching an instructional video, detailing the controls of the car, basic rules of the road, and even the meaning of road signs, children are let loose into the compound to find their own car. A time limit of around five minutes is set, and off they go! At the end of the time limit, the power to the cars is remotely cut off, and riders make their way to the exit to collect their own LEGOLAND Windsor Driving License.
- Guests must be between the ages of 6 and 13
- Upper and lower body control is needed. Guests must be able to sit upright without assistance.
- Not recommended for guests with: back or neck complaints; heart conditions; high blood pressure; broken limbs.
Once you are over the age of 13, it is gutting not to be able to drive in the Driving School, even if you are old enough to and able to drive in the real world! This is the LEGOLAND Windsor ride, and should not be missed by anyone in the correct age range!
Want to create your own Driving School?
Be sure to check out our Downloads Page, where you can find a Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 recreation of LEGOLAND's famous ride!